Calcium aluminates technology for refractories
Kerneos enjoys a unique position in the history of monolithics. It has benefited from the great castable innovations and is determined to stay aligned with the market evolution and requirements.
The global presence of Kerneos ensures an implicit involvement with all the refractory industry trends and accepts the challenge to not only take pulse of all the disparate trends but also to deliver innovations to satisfy them.
The refractory industry has been subject to much change in recent years and the process continues as it is placed under increasing pressure from its main customers for more cost-effective solutions.
Technological progress and global consolidation are changing the face of the refractory industry and high quality calcium aluminate cements represent an important tool for progress:
- Increasing rate of replacement of refractory bricks by mainly calcium aluminate cement (CAC) based monolithics,
- Demand for a balanced combination of durability in service and ease of installation - CAC based refractory castables provide a cost effective answer.
These trends, together with the accelerating harmonization of refractory practices brought by the globalization of the industry, mean that CAC based monolithics have a high growth potential.
The SECAR® range of calcium aluminate cements from Kerneos is well placed to support refractory industry growth, offering a unique and complete range of consistent high quality fused and sintered products providing such essential properties as:
- Control of placing properties and final service characteristics
- Flexibility in the choice of installation ranging from vibration casting, gunning, self-flow, pumping and shotcreting technologies
- Excellent stability to very high temperatures (greater than 1800°C)
- Potential to develop high mechanical strength
- High durability with resistance to mechanical, thermal and corrosive wear